Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes....

There's a saying that 'God never closes a door without opening a window' but I like my version better:  the universe never shuts your fingers in a door without leaving a box of bandaids on the sill of the window it shoves your butt out of'.

Change is not easy.  Change of attitude, change of circumstances, change of...whatever.  Change is what the list of the most stressful events is all about; ironically it has been called the only constant.  

Sometimes, however, after you've bandaged your fingers so you can brush off your ass after diving through that window, and the sting wears off a bit, you notice that it's not as bad as it seemed at first.  Skin not broken; a few bruises, but no broken bones, and any landing you can walk away from is, as they say, a good one.  Moving twice, living in cramped quarters between move out and in, was only the start of my 'door-and-window',  but now that I've brushed off my ass, y'know, I'm still in one piece.  Not to be all Martha S. about it, but that is a good thing.  

I'm workin' on my calm and carrying on...