Wednesday, November 10, 2010

My backup for the Internet

Yeah, right...

Hey - I really do have a backup for the Internet.  It's called...an encyclopedia!  A mid-80's edition of the Encyclopedia Britannica, to be exact.  

Should the tubes for the Interwebs ever clog and stall, or the government in its infinite wisdom decide that it's tired of the criticism leveled at it by us peons and shut it down, I have a backup.  Not exhaustive, of course, but the bloody thing is big enough that I think I'm covered for reading material for quite a while between that, what I've downloaded, and have in book format.

Another encyclopedia I heartily recommend is Carla Emory's Encyclopedia of Country Living.  Carla is gone now, but her Encyclopedia (both copies, in my case) has an honored spot in my library.